1.31.2011

coco rouge


Today was a Monday and it lived up to its name.  
But when I saw this ad on the back of an old Real Simple mag, my heart fluttered and I smiled. 
I think this is the perfect shade of lipstick for me. 

I am a pretty natural girl in terms of makeup, usually seen wearing powder foundation, mascara, and a light gloss. But there are days/nights in a girls life when she gets the urge to put on a little extra and to try new things; maybe drag that eye liner out a little into a cat eye, brighten up with some blush or rock the luscious red lip. For everyday, I think that a more natural look is definitely the way to go. Maybe it is the California girl in me. Sometimes it is truly beautiful to let your imperfections shine through and wear those freckles, laugh lines or crow's feet with confidence and experience. My wonderful and beautiful  mother said something to me when I was first experimenting with makeup back in my preteen years, "You want people to say that YOU look pretty, not that your MAKEUP looks pretty." Well, it stuck with me and I try to live by it. 

I also have my mom to thank for making me a Chanel girl through and through. I will always remember inhaling the heavenly scent of Chanel No. 5 that she would spritz on her wrists before church every Sunday. Not only do I love the perfumes by Chanel (I am a Mademoiselle girl myself), I worship the idea of it. The tailored suits, feminine colors, pleats and quilted purses all have a place on my "If I was made of money" wish list. 

I hope you all out there have found your "true red" lip shade and that you wear it with grace, poise and a  slight smile, of course. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Girl, you are a gifted writer. Thank you. Hope Tuesday is terrific. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added you to my new blog, Jo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good quote from the creative director:
    "Women seem to have forgotten how to apply lipstick," Peter Phillips, Chanel's global creative director for makeup, told WWD. "We have a whole generation of lip-gloss girls. Now, there's absolutely nothing wrong with lip-gloss, but there is something so feminine about the act of applying lipstick. I want to make lipstick as easy to apply as lip gloss, and for a long-lasting formula to feel comfortable on the lips."

    ReplyDelete