10.27.2011

Whole Lotta Love

skull swap

I've been a lazy blogger lately and I apologize. Let me elaborate on this delicious photo I posted: I have been reading Hammer of the Gods by Stephen Davis and am intoxicated with the greatness and excess and voodoo of Led Zeppelin. I've been infatuated with them since high school and a few years ago learned more about Jimmy Page through the writing of Pamela Des Barres in her book I'm With the Band. Little side note: the character Penny Lane from the film Almost Famous was based on Pamela. She had a fiery love affair with Mr. Page. Juicy Stuff. Eh ehm, I digress, I am halfway through Hammer of the Gods and am SO glad that it was written. It gives us youngins something tangible to hold onto and fantasize about from a time that came way before us. Led Zeppelin may have have been in their prime a long time ago but their influence lives on in music and rock history forever.

Also, Robert Plant and his Band of Joy played at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival this year but unfortunately I missed it due to San Francisco traffic and absolutely no parking. Oh well...I'm just glad he is still here and reminding the world that music can still be meaningful and beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment