2.16.2012

I need more RED in my life

On Valentine's Day I was greeted with a beautiful bouquet of lilys and tiny yellow roses, as well as a delicious (expensive!) bottle of Italian wine. That night I wore my new favorite red velvet blazer from Pretty Penny Vintage , a sheer polka dot collared blouse, my I Heart Ronson mini leather skirt, black tights, and black suede wedges. I put my hair up in clips and sported a dark red lipstick. It was understated and sexy, romantic and comfortable. In short: I felt cute. Which is something I have been struggling with recently. I am trying to be nicer to myself on a daily basis. I realized that I was putting myself down every single day, all the time. I was so mean to myself. Do you know what that's like - to never be satisfied with what you have? It's exhausting and oh so negative.  So lately I am smiling more, standing up straight, and loving myself for what I am currently. On our date we went to FIVE for cocktails and, naturally, I got a French 75 and he ordered an old fashioned.  Then we headed to the tiny old movie theater to see My Week With Marilyn. Afterwards we got a late night din at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe (owned by Mike Dirnt of Green Day) - I had a salad, he had a patty melt. Twas a great evening.
Here are some poorly taken photos of my fit: 

Posing in my kitchen. 

Cheeeeeeese.

Blowing a kiss...in honor of Marilyn. 

The beautiful lilys. 

Peanut, sitting pretty in the window. 

2 comments:

  1. very cute. like super cute. who was this date with? email me!!!! also, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRlzIgOSRw

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I love the outfit post - you should def do more of them! :-)

    ReplyDelete